What is Hosting?
Orphan hosting info guide.
If you are ready to host, each tab outlines the steps you'll need to take to begin your journey.
Twice a year (summer and winter), OHHC brings a group of orphaned children to America for 4-5 weeks to live with families and experience life in a loving Christian home. The program's goal is to give orphaned children a chance for a more hopeful future by connecting them with families who will not only love and cherish them during their stay but also care about them after their visit is over.
The children who participate in hosting are between the ages of 7-16, and originate from the countries of Latvia and Ukraine. Open Hearts and Homes for Children works with an in-country partner to designate children who have been given clearance to travel and who may or may not be available for international adoption.
Host families are required to complete a mini-homestudy, provide background clearances, attend an in-person host parent training session, and raise or donate the costs associated with the child's travel. The cost of sponsorship is $2,800 per child (As OHHC is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, all donations are tax deductible). This cost covers the many expenses associated with the child's travel including:
- Airfare for each child
- Transportation to and from the airport from the child's orphanage or foster home
- Luggage fees
- Meals during travel period
- Hotel during travel period
- Chaperones airfare (Approx 1 chaperone per 10 children)
- Children's visas, passports and other government documents required to travel
- Certification and Translation of documents related to travel
- Insurance for medical emergencies