If you are ready to host, below are the steps you'll need to take to begin your journey.
Hosting Application Process:
- Visit our photolist on this website to 'meet' the children available for hosting. Photos and a brief bio are available on each child.
- Select a child/children you believe may be a fit for your family. Our regional coordinators are available to talk with you more in depth about the child's needs and help assess if a particular child would do well with your family situation.
- If you've spoken with the regional coordinator and determined the child/sibling set is a fit for your family, you can place the child/ren "ON HOLD" Fill out this form to formally place the child on hold.
- Once you complete the On Hold form, our team will review it and you will receive a welcome email outlining the next steps to becoming an approved host family including the application, home safety visit requirements, and necessary background checks.
- Begin fundraising and submit payments according schedule outlined in application.
- Attend a one-day mandatory training (regional coordinator can provide dates/locations).
- Prepare for your host child's arrival.
- Greet your host child at the arrival airport and enjoy the hosting experience!