What kinds of volunteers are needed?847 Views
Last Updated: March 29, 2017
Volunteers are needed in many areas. These include:
- Host Families: Volunteers who will sponsor and host a child/children in their home for the three-four week visit.
- Publicists: Volunteers in the community to get the word out; putting out flyers, speaking to community groups, soliciting support from local media.
- Fundraisers: Volunteers to solicit donations or coordinate a fundraiser to defray the costs of child sponsorship, or to meet orphanage needs.
- Medical Support: Professionals willing to provide free medical, dental and vision services for the children.
- Translators: People who understand Russian, Ukrainian and Latvian languages and cultures to provide language assistance for host families.
- Special Projects: Volunteers to assist in meet special requests or specific needs that OHHC becomes aware of (example: collection drive for socks, hats, mittens, school supplies, toothbrushes).