- They are generally between the ages of 7 and 16
- They are mostly singles, with possible sibling groups
- Sibling groups must be hosted together
- Recommended for participation by their orphanage staff
- Travel to the United States on a tourist visa and must return to their country on a pre-determined date at the closing of the host program
- Are accompanied by one or more escorts from their home countries who are their legal guardians while they are in the United States.
Although it has been our experience that some families fall in love with their host child and move forward to adopt, Open Hearts and Homes for Children is not an adoption agency. Your role as a host family is to provide your host child with a safe, nurturing environment and to introduce them to family life and culture in America.
If you are interested in pursuing adoption, please contact one of our area volunteer coordinators. They will be able to provide contact information for adoption agencies for both Latvia and Ukraine.
Children Available for Hosting
To view the children currently available for hosting, you must register with Open Hearts and Homes by visiting this page.